Position Opening: Training and Public Relations Coordinator
Updated: March 17, 2022*
The Training and Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, maintaining, and improving statewide training and related technical assistance for the nine Community Action Agencies (CAAs). These nine agencies directly help people dealing with the effects of poverty in Nebraska through programs such as Head Start, Weatherization, Rent and Utility Assistance, and much more. The goal of this position is to help the Community Action staff do their job better.
This position will also be responsible for working with the CAAs to create and maintain a robust statewide training program consisting of in person, virtual and an online training portal accessible to all agencies statewide. In addition to these primary duties, this position will also provide internal administrative support for social media, website maintenance, and other duties as assigned to further the mission of Community Action of Nebraska. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Training and Related Technical Assistance (80%):
- Create and maintain a database for training vendors and facilitators
- Work with the Executive Director on creating an appropriate statewide training program with many options of delivery.
- Identify training needs for Nebraska CAAs
- Research educational opportunities which advance the professional development of CAA staff
- Coordinate the delivery, including all logistics, of identified training and technical assistance (T/TA) priorities within the State T/TA Plan to Nebraska’s Community Action Agencies (CAAs).
- Support the implementation of Community Action specific training requirements
- Work with CAN Executive Director to develop an interactive training portal accessible to all CAAs
- Complete monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual progress reports as assigned
- Lead the association in the annual Training and Technical Assistance Needs Assessment
Communications and Administrative Support (20%)
- Provide support to the CAN Executive Director in developing a statewide communications plan to convey stories relevant to CAN’s mission and vision
- Serve as the lead for the design and content for CAN’s website and social media platforms
- Coordinate the creation and production of print, electronic and video media.
- Draft and submit media alerts and press releases as requested and create and maintain a current database for press contacts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational trainings, workshops, and reviewing professional publications
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must support and demonstrate commitment to CAN’s mission and vision as well as the Community Action Code of Ethics.
- Must be sensitive to the experiences, needs and strengths of low-income and diverse populations as well as individuals with disabilities.
- Must be a professional representative and advocate of our association, staff, and Nebraska’s Community Action Agencies.
- Must be committed to achieving excellence in the position.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Religious and Medical exemptions are available.
- Demonstrated experience in any of the following areas: training, public speaking, program planning/management, education/teaching, facilitation of groups, creating partnerships, social media campaigns.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Outlook, Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate English effectively.
- Knowledge of CAN programs, services, policies, and procedures preferred, but not required.
- Must have skill in developing effective communication materials.
- Must be able to work independently to achieve multiple set objectives concurrently, work effectively under pressure and prioritize appropriately.
- Must be able to work with diverse backgrounds individually and in groups.
- Must be able to comply with CAN policies, including all confidentiality and safety policies.
- WordPress or other Content Management System experience.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, education, or similar field required; equivalent experience will be considered in conjunction with education. Strong technical verbal and writing skills including grammar, proof-reading, editing, sentence structure, clarity and creativity required. Prior experience working directly with community partners and funders preferred. Previous experience managing a website and social media plan preferred.
Salary: $45,000-50,000 dependent upon experience
Review of applications will begin April 15, 2022.
Closing Date: April 30, 2022.
Keep an eye on our Facebook page for career opportunities!